I’ve had a lot going on lately and not to mention trying to read several books at one time so, I’ve had to put the Valorie Burton book, “Why Not You” on hold for a minute. I’ll still be adding posts from my readings from her book, just not everyday. Some of the books I’m reading now are, The Bible, The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer, Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst and Lord, is it Warfare? Teach me to Stand by Kay Arthur. Full plate! What can I say, I love to read! Anyway, so I am starting this Bible study on Kay Arthur’s book, Lord is it Warfare and I was reading in Ephesians as part of the homework assignment and this particular verse stuck out to me:
Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness
It made me think, how many people don’t protect their “loins” with the truth? How many people really know the truth about sex and how many are listening to the lies of this world? Do you know the truth? Or are you listening to the lies? So below, I’ve listed a few (although there are many!) of the lies of this world and below that I’ve listed the truth, from GOD! God, who loves you unconditionally and would never ask you to compromise yourself, or do anything to hurt you, who has great plans for you and wants to protect you! Yes, HIM! 🙂 Ok, so here we go:
- God doesn’t care about my sex life.
- This is my body and I can do what I want with it!
- Everyone is having sex. It’s no big deal!
- Oral sex isn’t sex.
- It’s okay for a man to get as much sex as he wants and be single.
- I couldn’t help myself!
- One time won’t hurt anything!
- Nothing will happen, I won’t get pregnant, he doesn’t have a disease, he’s too cute to have a disease!
- Not having sex before marriage is old school, no one waits for marriage anymore!
- It’s ok for me to dress like the women I see in music videos, that’s what guys like!
- God does care very much about our sex life! He created sex! (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 NLT)
- No, your body does NOT belong to you. Your body is the temple of the Lord! (1 Corinthians 6:17 NLT)
- Everyone may be having sex but it doesn’t mean that it’s the right thing to do. It’s a huge deal in the eyes of God! He says to flee from sexual immorality! (1 Corinthians 6:12-18 NLT)
- Oral sex is an act of sex, an extension of the gift that God has given to married couples, male & female. (Song of Songs 2:3, 4:16)
- No man or woman, single or not should be having sex with whomever, whenever! God never said to “sow your royal oats”, that’s from Coming to America, not God! LOL! We are to take pleasure in our HUSBANDS! Not boyfriend, not through hookin’ up, and definitely not because you’re bored or it’s the thing to do! (Proverbs 5:15-23)
- You can’t control yourself, but with God’s help you can! (1 Cor 10: 12-13)
- One time won’t hurt anything…pulease, all it takes is one time to contract a disease or get pregnant. Sperm was created to swim, and that’s what they are going to do, swim towards the egg and fertilize it! Condoms are not 100%! Your virginity is a one time gift that’s to be for your future husband, trust me, it’s worth the wait! There’s so much that happens spiritually when you have sex with someone…I’ll cover more on this on another blog post….
- You can’t look at someone and see if they have herpes, HIV/AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhea, etc, and just because a condom is used, it doesn’t mean that you’re protected. If he has something and his penis touches you anywhere in the area that’s supposed to be covered by your panties, there’s a chance he’s sharing more than just sex with you!
- There’s a reason that God saves sex for marriage. He knows what it was created for and anything outside of why it was created can and will lead to disaster! Think of a can of Drano (or Liquid Plumr ;-)), if you don’t follow the directions on the can, or if you use it for something for which it was NOT created, what do you think will happen? Read the Creator of sex directions and follow them carefully!
- The way you dress says a lot about you! How do you want a guy to view you? He will treat you the way that you are dressed. The eyes & mind work hand in hand and we all know that guys are stimulated greatly by what they see! If you dress like a ho (yeah, I went there!), then, you will be treated like one. There’s a way to look attractive without looking like a prostitute! Read the Song of Solomon and see how the man pays attention to every detail of the woman and tells her how beautiful she is, shoot he even talks about her teeth! Every woman wants to be loved, treasured and appreciated, so make sure you’re giving him a reason to love, treasure and appreciate you for who you are and not just the way your butt looks or how big your breasts are. Those are for your husband’s enjoyment only! 🙂
There’s so much more and I feel that God wants me to focus more on truth and lies so there will be more to come on this subject but please, get a Bible, or better yet, go on the internet to an online Bible (I’ve listed some sites below) and find a version that makes sense to you and learn truth for yourself! Don’t listen to your friends, tv, radio, read the Bible for yourself and get truth for yourself!!!!!!!! I will gladly answer any questions and if I don’t know the answer I will find it for you but please find truth for yourself! God has a plan for all of us and it’s a great plan! It’s not for us to be hurt and defeated but to prosper and have an abundant and full life. You don’t have to settle for the lies of this world! If you don’t want to post your questions on the blog you can email me at email@example.com anytime!
*****Don’t forget, my FREE teleclass, 5 Things to Think About BEFORE You Have Sex is coming up next Saturday, January 21 @ 11am! It’s free but you have to register so that I can send you the dial-in information. Click on the link below to register.****
Be blessed & encouraged!