The past 2 weeks have been challenging for me. I feel as if I’m all over the place and dealing with a ton of emotions, to-do’s, not-to-do’s, spiritual warfare, the whole shebang! While I do love the holiday season, it can be challenging for me because I’m reminded of my mom, who passed 6 years ago, and how much I miss her and my family in general. Also, just a little worn out from the spiritual warfare that comes along with being obedient to God. Fighting lies from the enemy and my own self sabotaging thoughts that come to mind, have to be nipped quickly and being mindful of this and taking thoughts captive can be exhausting after a while. I know that the battle is not ours but we still have to take our thoughts captive and when you’re bombarded, it’s like an intense sword fight!
Also this week I delivered some Christmas gift bags to Peace Place and doing this was awesome! I’ve always wanted to do something like this and am grateful to have had the opportunity to fulfill a dream of mine! Needless to say, this week has been one filled with ups and downs and that’s why I feel so scattered and splattered!
In continuing my reading of Why Not You? by Valorie Burton, I came to a section at the end of the chapter, “Face Your Fears and Insecurities” and there’s this list of questions that are very thought-provoking. As I read through them and started thinking about the answers, I felt myself start to slow down and really think about what’s going on and refocus on my goals and vision for myself. I’m even going to break this down in to 2 columns: Career and Relationships, and answer the questions as they pertain to both. SN, there may be some relationships that may need to be let go of, strengthened or pursued. So here are the questions. If you’ve been feeling a little scattered and splattered yourself, hopefully we can get back on track together!
- Honestly, do I really want to do this? If so, why? What’s my purpose in it?
- What does my inner voice-the voice of the Holy Spirit-tell me?
- What’s keeping me from standing up fully and confidently in this situation?
- What am I afraid of? (Our job is not to pretend fear doesn’t exist or to run and hide from it; our job is to be strong and courageous in unearthing the fear so we can confront and conquer it.)
- What doubts hinder me right now? What’s the truth about each of those doubts?
- Who will I need to become in order to achieve the goal or vision set before me?
- What will it feel like to stand fully in who I am?
- How do I want to feel in the situation in which I am lacking confidence?
- What will I have to do differently in order for success to come more easily?
- What opportunity for growth is before me right now?
- What will it take for me to embrace this opportunity for growth?
Using this list, I’m going to get myself back on track and continue to plan for great things to come in the next few weeks and in the new year! I’m also going to go and sit and stare at my vision board to help me refocus as well. Onward & Upward!
*Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.*
Be blessed & encouraged,